Often, when a buyer moves into a new condo, they like to make updates to personalize the space. We have seen some exciting transformations in our day!
Today, we are happy to feature a residence we sold recently at the historic Washburn Lofts. This homeowner enlisted the help of a professional architect, Thomas Whitcomb, and the excellent contractors, Branson Builders, to make their home design dreams a reality. Laurie from Fix Design Haus added the finishing touches to make this home sing! Perhaps you can use some of these ideas when planning your own renovations?
If you have a great before and after project for your home or condo, let us know - we would love to feature your stories!
Project Architect: Thomas Whitcomb www.aia-mn.org/firm/thomas-whitcomb-architect-inc
Builder: Branson Builders bransonbuilders.com
Staging: Laurie Fleming, Fix Design Haus fixdesignhaus.com
- Open up the layout
- Simplify paint and lighting to create a cohesive feel
- Reveal the historic bones of the unit creating a more serene space
- Painted ceiling darker to enhance the visual height of the entry
- Removed plaster to reveal original concrete columns
- Painted walls, doors and trim in white to feature artwork
- Moved to the center to encourage socializing
- Added up-lighting to feature the tall concrete ceiling
- Color matched the cabinets to the countertop
- Hidden storage added
- Work center wired for media
- Backsplash added to match concrete column texture
- Updated appliances to match industrial feel
- Updated wooden sliding door to translucent glass sliding panel doors
- Raised suspended track lighting up to ceiling and updated to LED
- Repositioned and updated dining room chandelier to center over table
- Rebuilt wall to open up space
- Added glass to sliding doors to increase light
- Enclosed guest bedroom
- Added heated floors
- Eliminated wall to open up space
- Added tall glass and mirrors to brighten
- Added white cabinets and counters to lighten
- LED fixtures added
For more photos of this unit before the renovation, visit our sold page!