Please join us in our annual opening day celebration at the Mill City Farmers Market this Saturday! From 9:00am-11:00am, we will host a herb giveaway at Green Earth Growers’ booth. Like us on Facebook, or sign up with your email to receive your gift. You’ll be included in our future events and giveaways in the Minneapolis community. See you there!
– a hot bowl of Okisuki with Brenda and friends at Spoonriver (with extra ginger from Chef Chris)
– winter splurges on my favorite Teakwood and Tobacco candle from Thao at Parc Boutique and my One Love Organics fix from Nell at Spot Spa
– summer adventure vacation planning and french lessons with mon ami Manu Gallur from MG travels at Moose and Sadie’s
– Parlour burgers
– the vibrant North Loop neighborhood
– the different vibes of each neighborhood along the riverfront. Each has it’s own collection of dining, shopping and exposure to the Arts
– the performances at Guthrie and McPhail
– restaurants in Mill District and Downtown
– live music throughout North Loop, Downtown and Northeast
– Northeast Minneapolis’ little hole in the wall diners, karaoke clubs and great live music venues
– open studios at Northrup King
– Stone Arch Bridge Festival
– the Farmer’s Market where people who care about their bodies and environment gather to share the wealth
– Chicken wings at the Monte Carlo
– Spicy Thom Yum soup at Sawatdee
– Chef’s Tasting Menu at Sanctuary
– Sushi at Wasabi.
– walking from Gold Medal park to the North Loop park along the river (the scenery is gorgeous anytime during the year)
– going for a walk through Gold Medal Park in nice weather
– going over the Stone Arch Bridge every night with Erin (Somehow that never gets old!)
– grabbing the Green Nice Ride bikes and riding over to the North Loop for pizza at Black Sheep
– shopping the winter sales at Midwest Mountaineering and previewing the spring items too!
– Creating footprints in the snow on the Stone Arch Bridge
Live or hang out in the North Loop? If you are still considering gyms for your new year’s resolution, the search is over! There is no shortage of fitness options if you live in the North Loop neighborhood.
Here at CFG, we love local businesses. We recently checked out our neighbor way down across the street for their Tuesday night introductory course. If you’re not familiar with Alchemy - check out their fitness ides and what they have in store for you in both their North Loop and now Northeast locations!
What we liked about the 40 minute introduction course every Tuesday night is that we got a 20 minute overview of their fitness philosophy, tour of their facilities and a thorough explanation of what to expect from their instructors. For example, no class will be the same thing twice. They change it up every time so that they keep you engaged and on your toes. For the latter half of the 20 minutes, we got a taste of the Alchemy workout (normally either 10 or 20 minutes). Our A5 was five minutes of high intensity workout (repeating 3 burpees, 6 air squats, 9 lunges) with a yoga warm-up and cool-down.
Check their website for their bi-weekly 40 minute introductory course and we’ll continue to provide you information on our North Loop neighborhood finds!
On January 27th, Cindy Froid attended the press conference to learn more about General Mills $3M birthday gift to Minneapolis. The money will be spread over a three-year period to RiverFirst, the master vision and project plan for preserving and reinvigorating public parks, trails and spaces along the Mississippi River. You can read more about this project on General Mills’ blog Taste of General Mills. As a member of the Capital Campaign Committee for the Parks Foundation Board, Cindy is very excited about this news!